Friday, July 9, 2010

Home Automation 1.0

So the draft work has begun. I have decided and picked out most of the components, shopping is already in process.

Part List (I will go back and update this as I get more things or receive more):
2 Arduino duemilanove (ordered) (received)
1 Seeeduino Mega (ordered) (received)
1 Ethernet shield (ordered) (received)
2 Parallax RFID Reader (ordered)
2 Parallax PIR Sensor (Got one, ordered one more)
2 Parallax Ultrasonic Sensor (Already Owned)
1 Electric Door Solenoid (ordered) (received) (will need 5)
X10 TW-523 (Ordered) (Received)
25 reed switch with magnet (Already have)
4 temperature sensor (ordered)
10 110V X10 Module (Already have)
There are a lot of other parts... as I remember them I'll put it on here.
But of course you'll have basic tools and electrical components.


The basic outline of the system:

Seeeduino will be the main "server-duino", communicating with the "Interface Server" sending informations from other arduinos or from sensors. The two other arduinos will be communicating with the Seeeduino using I2C protocol which only take up 2 wires.
The 2 arduino will be connected with the Parallax RFID reader, Ultrasonic Sensor, and PIR sensor. This is for the door side security measures. The PIR sensor will monitor the door way, to let me know when people come 20ft close to it. The Ultrasonic sensor will let me know when someone approach the RFID reader, which activate it. This will save a lot of energy because the Ultrasonic sensor pull only 20mA power, which is a LOT less than the RFID reader in "ACTIVE" mode.

The Interface will be PHP based. When the site "load", it will poll data from the Seeeduino and displays it. The server will poll information every 10 minutes, to keep a nice logging system so I can monitor the status.

The Interface will include buttons and controls, so that it can send commands to the Seeeduino using POST command straight to the Seeeduino, activating whatever device was requested.

The Seeeduino will either pull the relay, trigger an event, or send an X10 command.

That's all I have so far. The Interface server will be running XAMPP, which is a server that incorporate Apache Web Server, MySQL, PHP, and Pearl.
The Interface server will be running on a local network, which consist of the server (or router), a 24 port 10/100/1000 switch, and a Wifi AP (wont be needed if I use router). I prefer the server as the router because it's more customizable, but router is easier to "set and forget". Thanks for reading so far... if you're lost somewhere or want more details, ask. My OneNote research book is very thick now and my Bookmark tab for this research has gone wild.

1 comment:

  1. Cmon!! Start to assembly that!!!
    By Vini from Arduino Forum

    ReplyDelete