Monday, July 19, 2010

Day... 3?

This is the third post, but it's far from Day 3 of the project. I have managed to control an LED through PHP wrapped around the HTML server on the Arduino. In layman's term... I can turn on/off an LED from a website. On my phone, on the computer, from the other room, on the toilet. Whatever.

Ofcourse this is just concept, it'll be simple to turn this LED into a 60watt lightbulb, or a solenoid, or a sprinkler system, or whatever. The key here is that the I can control pins from the Arduino from a web interface.

So I guess the difficult interfacing hardware phase is out of the way. Not only can I control it, but it also has feedback, so I know if it's on or off! Which is sweeeeet. So I will also be able to monitor the house. This also mean I will be able to read in the data from the Arduino into a database.

1 comment:

  1. Vinnie can you please please help me with the php code especially how to send a control command to ethernet shield,and the code that will receive that command.please please.my email is prakhoboso@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete